President - Army
Shane "Bam-Bam" Fowler is the President Of Cole-Miers Riders, and was instrumental in the groups standing up! A First 18 Charter Member, Bam-Bam's Duties are:
- Presiding officer of all VFWRG meetings.
- Acts as a liaison between the VFWRG and the sponsoring unit and community organizations.
- Gives a monthly report of the unit’s activities.
- Keeps the Riders organized.
- Ensures that VFW Rider business is carried out efficiently, effectively and honorably.
- Oversees the audit and use of all organizational funds, those raised by the organization, as well as those funded by our sponsoring post.
Bam-Bam has Ridden Dirt bikes and ATVs since childhood even racing in events in Southern Nevada where he grew up, He got his 1st Motorcycle at 17 Years old and currently Rides a Honda Magna 750 and Goldwing F6B
US Army SGT Shane Fowler(Ret.) first Joined the VFW in 2009 After returning From Operation Iraqi Freedom 07/08. he served 7 Years in the Army as a Motor Transport Operator and Unit Armorer. Hes received Several Awards such as The Combat Action Badge, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Meritorious Unit Citation, Good Conduct Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal (W/Star device), Army Service Ribbon, and Driver Mechanic Badge.
Born in Bakersfield California and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, he currently calls DeRidder Home, living here for over a decade. He has One young Son Greyson who lives in the area, the Youngest support member currently in the Riders Group.
During his time in the VFW he has accomplished several goals in Recruiting, Community Service as well as starting The Posts VFW Riders Group. He has held the Positions Of Jr Vice Commander, Sr Vice Commander (both twice)All-State & All American Quartermaster, District Judge Advocate, Department Community Service Chairmen and National Assistant Inspector, he is currently the VFW Riders President.